Dai-Cast Zeta 003 - Japanese Foreigner Fingerprints, and Your Rights
This week, on Dai-Cast it’s “Dai Cast Zeta”, where we pick one particular topic on Japan or Japanese pop culture, and stick with it, exhaustively expressing our opinions for your education, elucidation, emancipation, and mental emolument, to summarily beat it into the ground, so that we never need to revisit the topic again.
This time around we go into the new immigration practice in Japan of fingerprinting and photographing all foreigners upon entry to the country. We go into what this means to you, and your civil liberties, and then launch off in all directions of personal freedom, security and surveillance.
So sit back, and prepare to be educated at!
- Japan to Fingerprint Foreigners - cbsnews.com
- Government Informational Video - nettv.gov-online.go.jp
- “Re-Entry Japan” Blog - reentryjapan.blogspot.com
- Divided International Opinions on the Fingerprinting - japan-guide.com
- Media Reports on the New Fingerprinting System - japanprobe.com
- More Media Reports on the System - japanprobe.com
- Beej’s Web Comic of The Week - This Modern World